Friday, January 12, 2007

the tree of life and other social nudity.

"You could dig a big pit!"
-Steph
"And throw all the naked people in there?"
-Christine

Does this make you nervous also? Communal nudity is a little sketchy if you ask me. I feel uncomfortable just thinking about it. Maybe it's ritualistic, or maybe the "turn and cough" thing really does have merit. But according to Dr. Helga Fleishhauer Hardt, "a child who has never been allowed to see his parents and brothers and sisters naked sees nudity as something shocking." Maybe that's my problem; although I can take none of this to heart. I bathed with my siblings in my youth and I still think group showering is cruel... but I've never been there. I'm just shaken from my experiences in the girls locker room where they've just up and changed if front of everyone. Awkward. Rant over.

But at the same time... have you ever been skinny dipping? It's quite liberating.

Quote of the Moment:

"I bite for good and for evil"

"He is blindfolded, you could do whatever you want!... Yeah! Whatever you want Christine."

3 comments:

Stephie said...

I don't think I will ever agree that skinny dipping is liberating. Terrifying, maybe, but liberating, no. And I rather like my big pit idea. It's got a certain.....something to it.

Flops said...

Really, I don't know what to say on this one. And I do not want to know how this came about. Thanks.

Stephie said...

You are a grandma, grandma!