Saturday, December 23, 2006

the dynamics of family.

Love is not love which alters where it alteration finds.
William Shakespeare

My family dynamics are follows:
Someone initiates funny comment.
All laugh at funny comment.
Carry on polite, intermittent conversation for twenty minutes.
Repeat.

As wonderful as my family is, they are in desperate need some excitement in their lives. So "there's no place like home for the holidays," and I have immersed myself in baking cookies, shopping for presents and fighting with my brother over the car. I have missed being home.

Speaking of family dynamics, the Chatterfamily still cracks me up. Apparently my friendship with Crackerton is contingent upon the payment of one 'secret Christmas jammies.' What we failed to tell her was that there was $100 sewed into the seams. Why else would Chattermom have sent the jammies wrapped in a secure box? Chatterben is democratic with insults, considering each case with equality and poignantly scathing everyone equally to his own delectation. It all makes me laugh.

Quote of the moment:

"Awww.... You made me ink"
(while considering Pirates of the Caribbean's Davey Jones at 7)

1 comment:

Stephie said...

#1 My world is shattered...sniff sniff

#2 I knew there had to be a reason you were so happy to get secret christmas jammies!

#3 That is just the surface of the chatterfamily dynamics. Just feel lucky you don't know what is underneath. Oh wait...you already know. Crap.