Sunday, December 3, 2006

Degrees

Having someone wonder where you are when you don't come home at night is a very old human need.
~Margaret Mead

Things never seem to work out in the typical, he likes her, she likes him arrangement for me. Either I like him and he is vehemetly opposed to such ideas; he likes me while I fake an innocent, oblivious demenor; or other complications get in the way. Currently, I am interested in someone who may or may not think of me as a little sister, but whatever. There are many fish... though not all are as dashingly handsome. Also, I am ardently opposed to having a 'perfect' Mormon relationship which causes complications in the bubble I currently live in. I believe that it is only through time and trials that we are fully capable of showing emotions without emoting, so I really need some time in a relationship to truly come to know the other person. And I do think my friends sometimes rush their relationships due to pressure and religious constraints. My last roommate got married after having dated a short four months! I want a deep, genuine connection with another human being, spiritually, emotionally and physically (though I'll harness the last bit until marriage, thanks). For this I am willing to wait as long as necessary, even if I must graduate from BYU-Idaho without the prized Mrs. Degree.

Sorry for raving. I just think this is worth waiting for, or maybe I'm simply delusional. Take your pick.

In other news, my sister is having surgery on Thursday, November 7th. I'll be praying for you me-elen.

2 comments:

Flops said...

good call. good call.

chris said...

I believe it is an MRS degree.