Thursday, December 28, 2006

empowering the powerless.

"A man gains no possession better than a good woman, nothing more horrible that a bad one."
-unknown

I hate how having feelings for someone gives them an unknown power over you. For instance I'm steamed right now at this boy for liking this blond bimbo... but she's skinny and cute and that's all that matters right? Why do we entrust such a deep part of ourselves with those most likely to hurt and punish us for it? I know it's all part of some plan, finding someone to love so deeply that we, ourselves, can emulate with another the love that our savior has for us... I guess I just answered my own question. I feel a small portion of the pain and scorn our Heavenly Father and His Son feel when we turn from him, knowingly or not; and in our own understanding we come closer to Them. That sucks. One both sides I mean. I am so grateful for my capacity to feel happiness that I guess I forget that the same stroke of good fortune bears bitterness and sorrow within its blow...

... but it's never better to feel nothing.


Quote of the Moment:

"I'm so good, I put clean thoughts in your head."
(My Herbal Essence Shampoo Bottle)

1 comment:

Flops said...

November of 2004. January and April of 2006. I've got all kinds of thoughts about this subject. And yet, I'm willing to risk it all the same. I hear you on this one.